- ¶ I WAITED patiently for the LORD;
and he turned towards me and heard my supplication.
- He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the mire of destruction, and set my feet upon a rock and established my goings.
- And he has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God, that many shall see it and rejoice and trust in the LORD.
- Blessed is the man whose trust is in the name of the LORD, and who returns not to vanity;
neither to lying conversation.
- Many are thy works which thou hast done for us, O LORD our God, and thy wonderful care for us;
I have declared that they are too many to be numbered;
there is no one like unto thee.
- ¶ Sacrifices and offerings thou didst not desire;
but as for me, I now have understanding;
burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
- Then said I, Lo, I come;
in the beginning of the books, it is written of me,
- I delight to do thy will, O my God;
yea, thy law is within my heart.
- I have preached thy righteousness in the great congregation;
lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.
- I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart;
I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation;
I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
- ¶ Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD;
let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
- For innumerable evils have surrounded me;
mine iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up;
they are more than the hairs of my head;
and my heart fails me.
- Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me;
O LORD, continue to help me.
- Let them be ashamed and confounded who seek after my soul to destroy it;
let them be driven backward and put to shame who wish me evil.
- Let them be overthrown for their disgraceful conduct who say to me, Aha, aha!
- Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee;
let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.
- But I am poor and needy;
O my LORD, they have conspired against me;
help me and deliver me;
do not tarry, O my God.