- ¶ BLESSED is he who looks after the poor;
the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
- The LORD will preserve him and keep him alive, and he shall bless him upon the earth;
he will not deliver him into the hands of his enemies.
- The LORD will strengthen him upon his sick bed;
he will wholly recover from his illness.
- I have said, Thou art my LORD, be merciful unto me and heal my soul, for I have sinned against thee.
- ¶ Mine enemies speak evil of me: When shall he die, and his name perish?
- When they come to see me, they speak falsely and their hearts devise evil;
they go out into the street and gossip about me.
- All that hate me whisper together about me;
they devise evil against me.
- They conceive unjust accusations against me;
they say, Now that he lies sick in his bed, he shall rise up no more.
- Yea, even the man who visits me, in whom I trust, who eats my bread and whom I trust, betrays me.
- But thou, O LORD, be merciful unto me and heal me, that I may repay them.
- By this I know that thou art pleased with me, because mine enemy doth not irk me.
- And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever.
- Blessed is the LORD God of Israel from everlasting and to everlasting!
Amen and Amen.