- ¶ JUDGE me, O God, and avenge my cause against a merciless people;
O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.
- For thou art the God of my strength;
why has thou forsaken me?
why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
- O send out thy light and thy truth;
let them comfort me;
let them bring me unto thy holy mountain and to thy tabernacle.
- Then will I go before the altar of God, to God who makes me joyful with the joy of youth;
yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God, my God.
- Why are you disturbed, O my soul?
and why are you sad within me?
Hope in God;
for I shall yet praise him, who is the Saviour of my honor and my God.