- ¶ MY heart bubbles forth good news and I will tell my deeds to the king;
my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
- You are fairer than the children of men;
grace is poured into your lips;
therefore God has blessed you for ever.
- Gird your sword upon your thigh, O most mighty, with your glory and your majesty.
- Your majesty is triumphant;
ride upon the word of truth and meekness and righteousness;
your law is upheld by reverence for your right hand.
- Your arrows are sharp;
let them pierce the heart of the king’s enemies, and let the people fall under you.
- ¶ Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever;
the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
- You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.
- All your garments smell of myrrh and aloes and cassia, out of the magnificent temple whereby they have made you glad.
- The king’s daughter stands in glory, the queen stands at your right hand in gold of Ophir.
- ¶ Hearken, O my daughter, and consider and incline your ear;
forget also your own people and your father’s house.
- So shall the king greatly desire your beauty;
for he is your lord;
make obeisance to him.
- And the daughter of Tyre shall worship him;
even the rich among the people shall seek your presence with gifts.
- All the glory of the king’s daughter is from within;
her clothing is adorned with fine gold.
- She shall be brought to the king with gifts;
and her virgin companions shall follow in her train.
- With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought;
they shall enter into the king’s palace.
- Instead of your fathers shall be your sons;
you shall make them princes in all the earth,
- I will make your name to be remembered in all generations;
therefore shall the people praise you for ever and ever.