- ¶ GREAT is our LORD, and exceedingly exalted in the city of our God and in his holy and glorious mountain.
- Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion on the slopes of the north, the city of the great King.
- God shows his might in her walled cities.
- For, lo, the kings were prepared, and they passed by together.
- They saw it, and so they marvelled;
they were frustrated and hastened away.
- Fear took hold of them, and pain, as of a woman in travail.
- With a violent storm, the ships of Tarshish shall be broken.
- ¶ As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of our God;
God will establish it for ever.
- We have trusted upon thy lovingkindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple.
- As is thy name, O God, so is thy praise unto the ends of the earth;
thy right hand is full of righteousness.
- Let mount Zion rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad because of thy judgments, O LORD.
- Circle Zion, and go round about her;
count the towers thereof.
- Mark well her strength and the depth of her bulwarks, that you may tell it to another generation.
- For this God is our God for ever and ever;
he will be our guide until death.