- ¶ GIVE ear to my words, O LORD, and consider my meditation.
- Hearken to the voice of my cry, my King and my God;
for to thee do I pray.
- My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD: and in the morning will I prepare myself and see thee.
- For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness;
neither shall evil dwell with thee.
- The proud shall not stand in thy sight;
thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
- Thou shalt destroy them that speak falsehood;
the LORD will reject the bloody and deceitful man.
- ¶ But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy;
and I will enter into thy house and worship in thy holy temple.
- Lead me, O LORD, in thy reverence and righteousness;
and because of mine enemies, make thy way straight before my face.
- For there is no justice in their mouth;
there is wickedness in them;
their throat is an open sepulchre;
they deceive with their tongues.
- Condemn thou them, O God;
let them fall by their own counsels;
cast them out in the multitude of their wickedness, for they have provoked thee.
- But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice;
they shall glorify thee forever, and thou shalt dwell among them;
and all they that love thy name shall be strengthened by thee.
- For thou wilt bless the righteous;
O LORD, thou hast adorned me like a perfect shield.