- ¶ THE God of gods, the LORD, has spoken and called the earth from the rising of the sun to the going down thereof.
- Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God has shined.
- Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence;
a fire shall consume before him, and it shall flame round about him greatly.
- He shall call to the heavens from above and to the earth, that he may judge his people.
- Gather unto him, O you, his saints, those that have made a covenant with him by sacrifice.
- And the heavens shall declare his righteousness;
for God himself is judge.
- ¶ Hear, O my people, and I will speak to you;
O Israel, I will testify to thee: I am God, even your God.
- I reproved you not for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings;
they are continually before me.
- I will take no bullocks out of your house nor he-goats out of your folds.
- For all the beasts of the forest are mine, and the cattle and the oxen upon the hills.
- I know all the fowls of the air;
and the wild beasts of the desert are mine.
- If I were hungry, I should not tell you;
for the world is mine and the fulness thereof.
- I eat not the flesh of bulls, neither do I drink the blood of goats.
- Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving;
and fulfil your vows to the most High.
- Call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will strengthen you, and you shall glorify me.
- ¶ But to the sinner, God says, How have you followed the books of my law?
You have observed my covenant lightly,
- Seeing that you hate my instruction and cast my words behind you.
- When you saw a thief, you joined with him, and you have been a partaker with adulterers.
- You have given your mouth to evil and your tongue speaks deceit.
- You sit and speak against your brother;
you slander your own mother’s son.
- All of these things have you done, and I kept silence;
you thought that I was wicked like you;
but I will reprove you, and correct these sins before your eyes.
- Now understand this, O you who forget God, lest you be crushed and there be none to deliver.
- Whosoever offers the sacrifice of thanksgiving glorifies me;
and to him will I show the way of the salvation of our God.