- ¶ HAVE mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness;
according to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my sins.
- Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin;
- For I acknowledge my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.
- Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done that which is evil in thy sight;
for thou wilt be justified in thy reproof, triumphant in thy judgments.
- For behold, I was formed in iniquity;
and in sin did my mother conceive me.
- Behold, thou desirest truth, and the hidden things of thy wisdom thou hast made known to me.
- ¶ Sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
- Satisfy me with thy joy and gladness, that my broken spirit may rejoice.
- Turn thy face away from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
- Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
- Cast me not away from thy presence;
and take not thy holy spirit from me.
- Restore to me the joy of thy salvation;
and uphold me with thy glorious spirit,
- Then will I teach transgressors thy way, and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
- ¶ Deliver me from bloodshedding, O God, thou God of my salvation, and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
- O LORD, open thou my lips, and my mouth shall show forth thy praise;
- For thou desirest not sacrifice;
thou &lightest not in burnt offerings.
- The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
- Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion;
build the walls of Jerusalem.
- Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings;
then shall they offer gifts upon thine altar.