- ¶ BE merciful to me, O God;
for man has trodden me under foot;
all the day long the fighting oppresses me.
- Mine enemies have daily trodden me under foot;
for many warriors have risen against me.
- I fear not during the day, because I trust in thee.
- In God I will be glorified, in God I have put my trust;
I will not fear what man can do to me.
- All the day long they conspired against me and they devised evil against me.
- They will wait in hiding, they will watch my steps, inasmuch as they wish for my death.
- He has no deliverer, they have said.
Condemn them with the condemnation of the Gentiles.
- ¶ O God, I have declared my faith unto thee;
record thou my tears before thee in thy book.
- Then shall mine enemies turn back;
and I will know I have a God.
- In God will I praise his word;
in the LORD will I praise his word.
- In God have I put my trust;
I will not be afraid what man can do to me.
- To thee shall I perform my vows, O God;
I will offer them to thee with thank offering.
- For thou hast delivered my soul from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may be pleasing in thy sight, O God, in the land of the living.