- ¶ DO you indeed speak righteousness.
do you judge uprightly, O sons of men?
- Behold you all speak evil on earth, and your hands are soiled with injustice.
- The wicked are known from the womb;
they go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.
- Their poison is like the poison of a serpent;
they are like the deaf adder that stops its ear,
- And will not listen to the voice of the whisperer, neither to the charmer nor to the wise.
- ¶ Break their teeth in their mouths, O God;
pull out the fangs of the lions, O LORD.
- Let them be rejected as water which is contaminated;
let God shoot his arrows until the wicked are destroyed.
- Like the wax that melts, and drips before the fire, let them be destroyed: fire has fallen from heaven and they did not see;
the light of truth has been given and they did not understand.
- Let their thorns be increased, and fear of wrath shake them violently.
- The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance: he shall wash his hands in the blood of the wicked,
- So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous;
verily there is a God that judges in the earth.