- ¶ O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
- Have mercy upon me, O LORD;
for I am weak;
O LORD, heal me;
for my bones are troubled.
- My soul is also troubled exceedingly but thou, O LORD, how long?
- Return, O LORD, and deliver my soul: save me for thy mercies’ sake.
- For in death there is no remembrance of thee;
in Sheol who shall give thee thanks?
- I am weary with my groaning;
and every night I water my bed and wash my mattress with my tears.
- Mine eye is weakened because of anger;
and I am troubled by all my enemies.
- ¶ Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity;
for the LORD has heard the voice of my weeping.
- The LORD has heard my supplication;
the LORD has received my prayer.
- Let all my enemies be ashamed and defeated;
let them turn back and be destroyed suddenly.