- ¶ O GOD, thou hast forsaken us, thou hast scattered us, thou hast been displeased with us;
O turn thyself to us again.
- Thou hast made the earth to tremble;
thou hast broken it;
heal the breaches thereof, for it hath weakened.
- Thou hast shown thy people hardships;
thou hast made us to drink the dregs of wine.
- Thou hast wrought a miracle to them that reverence thee, so that they need not flee from the bow.
- That thy beloved may be prepared, save with thy right hand, and hear me.
- ¶ God has spoken in his holiness: I will be strong, I will divide Shechem and mete out the valley of Succoth.
- Gilead is mine and Manasseh is mine;
Ephraim also is the strength of my head;
Judah is my king.
- Moab is my washpot;
over Edom will I levy tribute;
over Philistia will I triumph.
- Who will lead me into Edom?
Who will bring me into the strong city?
- For behold, O God, thou hadst cast us off, and thou didst not go before us with our armies.
- Give us strength against our enemies;
for vain is the help of man.
- Through God we shall do valiantly;
for he it is who shall tread down our enemies.