- ¶ O GOD, thou art my God;
on thee I wait;
my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee as in a dry and thirsty land where no water is.
- As, in purity, I have seen thee, so may I see thy power and thy glory.
- ¶ Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
- Thus will I bless thee while I live;
I will lift up my hands in thy name.
- My soul shall be enriched as with cream and fatness;
and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips.
- I remember thee upon my bed and I meditate on thee in the night watches.
- ¶ Because thou hast been my helper, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I glory.
- My soul follows hard after thee;
thy right hand upholds me.
- But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
- They shall fall by the sword;
they shall be a portion for foxes.
- But the king shall rejoice in God;
every man that swears by him shall glory;
but the mouths of those who speak lies shall be stopped.