- ¶ HEAR my voice, O God, as I pray to thee;
preserve my life from fear of mine enemy.
- Hide me from the wickedness of the evil one;
from the corruption of the workers of iniquity,
- Who whet their tongues like a sword, and charge their words with poison like an arrow,
- That they may shoot in secret at the innocent;
suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.
- They encourage themselves with evil speech;
they plan to hide snares;
they say, Who shall see us?
- They plan wickedness, but they are destroyed in order to consume evil from among men and from the depths of the heart.
- ¶ But God is great;
suddenly he shall shoot at them with an arrow;
- So shall their tongues be silenced, and all that see them shall be frightened.
- And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God;
for they shall wisely consider the work of his hands.
- The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him;
and all the upright in heart shall glorify him.