- ¶ LET God arise, let his enemies be scattered;
let them also that hate him flee before him.
- As smoke is driven away, so let them vanish;
as wax melts before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
- But let the righteous be glad;
let them be valiant in the sight of God;
yea, let them rejoice in his pleasure.
- Sing unto God, sing praises to his name;
extol him who rides upon the heavens;
the LORD is his name, rejoice before him.
- A father of the fatherless and a judge of widows is God in his holy habitation.
- God sets the solitary child in families;
he triumphantly releases those who are bound with chains;
but the rebellious dwell in waste places.
- ¶ O God, when thou didst go forth before thy people, when thou didst march through the wilderness,
- The earth shook, the heavens also lowered at the presence of God;
even Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel.
- Thou, O God, didst send a plentiful rain whereby thou didst confirm thine inheritance when it was weary.
- Thy living creatures have dwelt therein;
thou O God, hast provided of thy goodness for the poor.
- The LORD shall give good tidings with great power.
- Then the kings of armies shall be defeated;
and the household of God shall divide the spoil.
- Though you sleep among thorns, yet shall you be protected as the wings of a dove covered with silver, and her feathers with yellow gold.
- When God appointed a king over Zion, it became white like snow
- ¶ Over Salmon, the mountain of God, over the mountains of Bashan and over the mountain ridges.
- What do you want, O you mountains of Bashan?
This is the ridge which God desires to dwell in;
yea, the LORD will dwell in it for ever.
- God rides with the host of angels;
the LORD is among them, as in Sinai, in his holy place.
- Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast carried away captives;
thou hast blessed men with gifts;
but rebellious men shall not dwell before the presence of God.
- Blessed be the LORD, for he has chosen us as his heritage, even the God of our salvation.
- He that is our God is the God of salvation, the LORD God who has the power of life and death.
- But God shall sever the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of the head of those who persist in their sins.
- ¶ The LORD said, I will rescue my people from the cliffs, I will bring my people from the depths of the sea;
- That thy foot shall be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and the tongue of thy dogs in the same.
- They have seen thy goings, O God, even the goings of my God and my holy King.
- The princes went before, the singers followed after;
among them were the damsels playing with timbrels.
- Bless God in the congregations, even the LORD, you that are of the fountain of Israel.
- There is little Benjamin with their ruler, the princes of Judah and their governors, the princes of Zebulun, and the princes of Naphtali.
- Command, O God, thy strength;
strengthen, O God, that which thou hast wrought for us.
- Out of thy temple at Jerusalem shall kings bring presents unto thee.
- Rebuke the wild beasts of the marshes, the multitude of the wild bulls, the idols of the Gentiles which are covered with silver;
scatter the people who delight in war.
- Ambassadors shall come out of Egypt;
Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands to God.
- ¶ Sing to God, you kingdoms of the earth;
O sing praises to the LORD.
- To him who rides upon the heavens of heavens;
out of the east he gives his voice, and that a mighty voice.
- Ascribe glory unto God;
his excellency is over Israel and his strength is in the heavens.
- O God, thou art honoured out of thy holy place;
the God of Israel is he that gives strength and power to his people.
Blessed be God.