- ¶ O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust;
from all them that persecute me, deliver me,
- Lest my soul be torn as by a lion, and there is no one to save me and to deliver me.
- O LORD my God, if I have done this thing and if there be iniquity in my hands,
- If I have been vengeful to him that has done me evil, and if I have oppressed my enemies without a cause;
- Let the enemy pursue me and overtake me, yea, let him tread clown my life upon the earth and lay my honor in the dust.
- Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself over the neck of mine enemies;
and make me alert in the judgment that thou hast commanded.
- Let the congregation of the peoples circle thee about;
and for their sakes therefore return thou on high.
- The LORD shall judge the people;
judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness and according to the integrity that is in me.
- Oh let the evil of the wicked come to an end;
and establish thou the righteous, O thou searcher of hearts and souls.
- ¶ O God who saveth the upright in heart, O righteous God, help me.
- God is a righteous judge;
yea he is not angry every day.
- If he turn not from his anger, he will whet his sword and bend his bow and make it ready.
- He has also prepared for himself the instruments of wrath;
he pointed his arrows against the persecutor.
- Because the wicked has become corrupt and has conceived mischief and brought forth falsehood,
- He has made a well, and deepened it, and is fallen into the pit which he made.
- His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his iniquity upon his own pate.
- I will praise the LORD according to my righteousness;
and I will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.