- ¶ IN thee, O LORD, do I put my trust;
let me never be confounded.
- Deliver me in thy righteousness and rescue me;
incline thine ear to me and save me.
- Be thou to me a sheltering rock whereunto I may continually resort;
give thou commandment to save me;
for thou art my rock and my fortress.
- Deliver me, O God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
- For thou art my hope, O LORD;
thou art my trust from my youth, O God.
- By thee have I been sustained from the womb;
thou art my hope since I was in my mother’s body;
my praise is continually of thee.
- I am as a wonder to many;
but thou art my strong refuge.
- Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honor all the day.
- Cast me not off in the time of old age;
forsake me not when my strength fails.
- For mine enemies speak against me;
and they that lie in wait for my soul take counsel together,
- Saying, God has forsaken him;
pursue and take him;
for there is none to deliver him.
- O God, be not far from me;
O my God, make haste for my help.
- Let them be ashamed and embarrassed who envy my soul: let them be covered with shame that seek my hurt.
- ¶ But I will pray continually, and will praise thee yet more and more.
- My mouth shall show forth thy righteousness and thy salvation all the day, for I cannot read.
- I will go in the strength of the LORD;
I will make mention of thy righteousness even of thine only.
- O God, thou hast taught me from my youth, so that I might declare thy wondrous works.
- Now also to old age and gray hairs, O God, forsake me not;
until I have shown thy strength and thy might to the generation that is to come.
- Thy righteousness also, O God, has reached to the highest;
thou hast done great things;
O God, who is like unto thee!
- Thou who hast shown me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
- Thou hast increased my greatness, and hast returned to comfort me.
- I will also praise thee with the psaltery, I will sing to thy truth, O my God;
unto thee will I sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.
- My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee;
and my soul, which thou hast redeemed.
- My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long;
for they are confounded, for they are brought to shame that seek my hurt.