- ¶ UNTO thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks and call upon thy name.
- We will declare all thy wondrous works;
then the time will come when I will judge uprightly.
- Then the earth and all the inhabitants thereof shall be humbled;
thou hast ordained the people thereof.
- Thou saidst to the fools, Deal not foolishly, and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn;
- Lift not up your horn on high;
speak not with a stiff neck.
- ¶ For defence comes neither from the west nor from the east nor from the desert mountains.
- But God is the judge;
he puts clown one, and sets up another.
- For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, full of a mixture of the dregs of wine;
and he passes it from one to another;
surely all the wicked of the earth shall drink the dregs thereof.
- But I will live for ever;
I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
- All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off;
but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.