- ¶ IN Judah is God known;
his name is great in Israel.
- In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion.
- There broke he the arms of the bow, the shield, and the sword, in the battle.
- Thou art all glorious and excellent from thy mighty mountain.
- All the foolish of heart were dismayed;
the mighty men of valor slept their last sleep.
- Their hands prevailed not because of thy rebuke, O God of Jacob;
the horsemen are cast into a dead sleep.
- ¶ Thou, even thou, art to be feared;
who may stand in thy sight when once thou art angry?
- Thou didst cause judgment to be heard from heaven;
the earth saw it and trembled
- When God arose to judgment, to save all the meek of the earth.
- For the wisdom of man shall praise thee;
the remainder of his wrath shalt thou restrain.
- Vow and fulfil thy vows to the LORD thy God;
let all that be round about him bring presents to him who is to be revered.
- He shall humble the pride of the rulers;
he is dreaded by the kings of the earth.