- ¶ I CRIED to God with my voice, and he heard me;
I have lifted up my voice to him, and he answered me.
- In the day of my trouble I sought the LORD;
my torment continued through the night, and ceased not;
there was no comforter for my soul.
- When I remembered, O God, I was troubled;
I meditated, and my spirit was overwhelmed.
- My eyes are dazed;
I am dumb so that I cannot speak.
- I have considered the days of old;
I am mindful of the years of ancient times.
- I meditated far into the night;
I communed with mine own heart;
I have examined my soul and said,
- Has the LORD forsaken me for ever?
and will he be favorable no more?
- Is his mercy gone for ever?
does his promise fail for evermore?
- Has God forgotten to be gracious?
has he in anger shut up his tender mercies?
- And I said, This is my infirmity;
it is another visitation of the power of the most High.
- ¶ I will remember the works of the LORD;
surely I will remember thy wonders of old.
- I will meditate also of all thy works, and think of thy skillful doings.
- Thy way, O God, is holy;
there is none so great as our God.
- Thou art the God that doest wonders;
thou hast declared thy strength among the people.
- Thou hast with thine arm saved thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph.
- The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee;
they were afraid;
the depths also were troubled.
- The clouds poured out water;
the skies sent out a sound;
thine arrows also flew around.
- The voice of thy thunder was in the heavens;
the lightnings lightened the world;
the earth trembled and shook.
- Thy way is in the sea, and thy path is in the great waters, but thy footsteps are not seen.
- Thou didst lead thy people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.