- ¶ SING aloud to God our strength;
make a joyful noise to the God of Jacob.
- Take a psalm and bring hither the timbrel, the pleasant harp with the psaltery.
- Blow trumpets in the new moon in the time appointed, on our solemn feast days.
- For this was a statute for Israel and a law of the God of Jacob.
- This he ordained in Joseph for a testimony when he went out to the land of Egypt, where he heard a language that he understood not.
- I removed the yoke from his shoulder, I released his hands from the bonds.
- He called on me in trouble, and I delivered him;
I sheltered him under my glorious cover;
I tested him at the waters of dispute.
- ¶ Hear, O my people, and I will speak;
O Israel, I will testify about you.
If you will listen to me;
- There shall be no strange god in you;
neither shall you worship any strange god.
- I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt;
open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.
- But my people would not listen to my voice;
and Israel would have none of me.
- So they walked according to the desires of their own hearts and according to their own counsels.
- Oh that my people had listened to me, and Israel had walked in my ways!
- I would soon have destroyed their enemies, and turned my hand against their adversaries.
- The haters of the LORD have lied to him;
but they shall tremble for ever.
- He has fed them also with the finest of the wheat;
and with honey out of the rock has he satisfied them.