- ¶ O GOD, who is like unto thee?
Hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God;
- For, lo, thine enemies are raging and they that hate thee have lifted up the head against thy people.
- They have taken crafty counsel, and consulted against thy chosen ones.
- They have said, Come, let us destroy them from among the nations, that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
- For they have agreed with one heart;
they have made alliance against thee:
- The tabernacles of Edom and the Ishmaelites;
of Moab and the Gadarenes;
- The people of the region of Ammon and Amalek;
the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;
- The Assyrians have also joined with them;
they have helped the children of Lot.
- ¶ Do to them as to the Midianites;
as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the valley of Kishon;
- Which perished at Endor;
they became as manure for the earth.
- Destroy their nobles like Oreb and like Zeeb;
yea, all their princes as Zebah and as Zalmunna;
- For they said, Let us inherit for ourselves the city of God.
- O God, make them like a turning wheel;
and like stubble before the wind.
- As the fire burns a forest and as the flame sets the mountains on fire;
- So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm.
- Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek thy name, O LORD.
- Let them be confounded and troubled for ever;
yea, let them be put to shame, and perish,
- That men may know that thou, whose name alone is the LORD, art the most high over all the earth.