- ¶ HOW amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!
- My soul longs, yea, even faints for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh give praise for the living God.
- Yea, even the sparrow has found a house, and the pigeon a nest for herself, where they have raised their young beside thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God.
- Blessed are they that dwell in thy house;
they shall praise thee for ever.
- Blessed is the man whose help is from thee;
in whose heart are thy ways.
- They have passed through the valley of weeping, and have made it a dwelling place;
the Lawgiver shall cover it with blessings;
- They shall go from strength to strength;
the God of gods shall be seen in Zion.
- ¶ O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer;
give ear, O God of Jacob.
- Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
- For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand.
I would choose rather to dwell in the house of my God than to dwell in the tents of the wicked.
- For the LORD God is our supply and our helper;
the LORD will give grace and glory;
no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
- O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man who trusts in thee.