- ¶ O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee;
- Let my prayer come before thee;
incline thine ear unto my supplication;
- For my soul is full of troubles and my life draws near to Sheol.
- I am counted with them that go down into the pit;
I am like a man who has no strength;
- Like a nobleman abandoned among the dead, like the slain that lie down in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more;
they are lost to thee.
- Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the shadow of death.
- Thy wrath rests hard upon me, and thou hast afflicted me with all thy waves.
- Thou hast put away mine acquaintances far from me;
thou hast made me an abomination to them;
I am shut up and I cannot come forth.
- Mine eyes are weakened from weeping;
LORD, I have called daily upon thee;
I have stretched out my hands to thee.
- ¶ Behold thou wilt show wonders to the dead;
the mighty ones shall rise and praise thee.
- They that are in the graves shall declare thy lovingkindness, and thy faithfulness in destruction.
- Thy wonders shall be known in the dark, and thy righteousness in the land that has been forsaken.
- But to thee have I cried, O LORD;
and in the morning shall my prayer come early before thee.
- O LORD, forsake not my soul, and turn not thy face from me.
- I am poor and afflicted from my youth;
I have been proud, but now I am humbled and crushed.
- Thy fierce wrath goes over me;
thy terrors have silenced me.
- They came round about me daily like water;
they set themselves in array against me.
- Friends and neighbors thou hast put far from me, and mine acquaintances thou hast kept away from me.