- ¶ I WILL sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever;
with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
- For I have said, The world shall be built up with mercy;
thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.
- I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn to David my servant,
- Thy offspring will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations.
- ¶ And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O LORD, thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints.
- For who in heaven can be compared to the LORD?
who among the angels can be likened to the LORD?
- God stands forth in the assembly of the saints, great and revered above all that are about him.
- O LORD God of hosts, who is mighty like thee?
and thy faithfulness is round about thee.
- Thou rulest the splendor of the sea;
thou stillest the waves thereof.
- Thou hast humbled the proud as those that are slain;
thou hast scattered thine enemies with thy strong arm.
- The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine;
as for the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.
- The north and the south, thou hast created them;
Tabor and Hermon glorify thy name.
- Thine is the arm, and thine is the might;
thy hand is strong and thy right hand shall be exalted.
- Thy throne is built on righteousness and judgment;
mercy and truth go before thy face.
- ¶ Blessed is the people that understand thy glory;
they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.
- In thy name shall they rejoice all the day;
and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.
- For thou art the glory of our strength;
and in thy favor our horn shall be exalted.
- For the LORD is our hope;
and the Holy One of Israel is our King.
- ¶ Then he spoke in visions to his righteous one, and he said, I have given help to a man;
I have exalted one chosen out of the people.
- I have found David my servant;
with my holy oil have I anointed him.
- My hand has helped him;
mine arm also has strengthened him.
- The enemy shall not prevail upon him, nor the sons of the wicked afflict him.
- And I will destroy his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
- But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him;
and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
- I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
- He shall cry to me, Thou art my father, my God, and my mighty Saviour.
- Also I will make him my first-born, and will exalt him over the kings of the earth.
- My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
- His offspring also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
- If his children forsake my law and walk not in my judgments;
- If they break my statutes and keep not my commandments;
- Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
- Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
- Neither will I reject my covenant, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
- Once have I sworn by my holiness to David, and I will not lie.
- His offspring shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
- It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven.
- ¶ But thou hast forsaken us and despised us, thou hast made thine anointed one to turn his face.
- Thou hast rejected the covenant of thy servant;
thou hast cast his crown to the ground.
- Thou hast broken down all his hedges;
thou hast brought his strongholds to ruin.
- All that pass by have trampled upon him;
he has become a reproach to his neighbours.
- Thou hast set up the right hand of his adversaries;
thou hast made all his enemies to rejoice.
- Thou hast turned the edge of his sword, and hast not sustained him in the battle.
- Thou hast made his glory to cease, and cast his throne down to the ground.
- The days of his youth hast thou shortened;
thou hast covered him with shame.
- How long, LORD, wilt thou be angry?
shall thy wrath burn like fire?
- Remember me from the time I was created;
for thou hast not created all men in vain.
- Who is the man who lives and shall not see death?
Shall he deliver his soul from the hand of Sheol?
- LORD, where are thy former lovingkindnesses, which thou didst swear to David in thy truth?
- Remember, LORD, the reproach of thy servants;
for I have borne throughout my life the mockery of the Gentiles;
- Wherewith thine enemies have reproached me, O LORD;
wherewith they have reproached the footsteps of thine anointed.
- Blessed be the LORD for evermore.
Amen and Amen.