- ¶ I WILL praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart;
I will show forth all thy marvelous works.
- I will be glad and rejoice in thee and I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
- When mine enemies are beaten back, they shall stumble and perish before thy presence.
- For thou hast maintained my right and my cause;
thou hast sat on the throne, O thou righteous judge.
- Thou hast rebuked the Gentiles and thou hast destroyed the wicked;
thou hast blotted out their name for ever and ever.
- My enemies have been annihilated by the sword for ever;
and thou hast destroyed the villages and their very memory hath perished.
- But the LORD shall endure for ever;
he has prepared his throne for judgment.
- And he shall judge the world in righteousness and the people in uprightness.
- The LORD also will be a refuge for the poor, a refuge in times of trouble.
- And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee;
for thou hast not forsaken them that seek thee, O LORD.
- ¶ Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion;
declare among the people his skillful doings;
- For he has remembered to avenge their blood;
he forgets not the cry of the poor.
- Have mercy upon me, O LORD, and consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, O thou that removest me away from the gates of death,
- That I may declare all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion;
I will rejoice in thy salvation.
- The Gentiles are sunk down in the pit that they made;
and their foot is caught in the net which they hid.
- The LORD makes known the judgment which he executes;
the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.
- The wicked shall be turned into Sheol, and all the peoples that forsake God.
- For the poor shall not always be forgotten;
and the hope of the poor shall not perish forever.
- Arise, O LORD;
let not man prevail;
let the Gentiles be judged in thy sight.
- Appoint for them a lawgiver, that the Gentiles may know themselves to be but men.