- ¶ HE who dwells in the protection of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress;
in him will I trust.
- Surely he shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from vain gossip.
- He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you shall trust;
his truth shall be your shield and buckler.
- You shall not be afraid for the terror by night, nor for the arrow that flies by day,
- Nor for the conspiracy that spreads in darkness;
nor for the pestilence that wastes at noonday.
- Thousands shall fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand;
but it shall not come near you.
- Only with your eyes shall you behold the reward of the wicked.
- ¶ For thou, O LORD, art my trust;
thou hast established thy habitation in the highest.
- There shall no evil befall you, neither shall any plague come near your dwelling.
- For he shall give his angels charge over you to keep you in all your ways.
- They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.
- You shall tread upon the viper and adder;
you shall trample under foot the lion and the great serpent.
- Because he has loved me, therefore will I deliver him;
I will set him on high because he has known my name.
- He shall call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
- With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.