- ¶ It is a good thing to give thank to the LORD, and to sing praises to thy name, O Most High,
- To show forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night.
- I will play upon an instrument of ten strings and upon the psaltery;
upon the harp with a solemn sound.
- For thou, O LORD, hast made me glad through thy work;
I will triumph in the works of thy hands.
- O LORD, how great are thy works!
and thy thoughts are very deep.
- A stupid man knows not;
neither does a fool understand this.
- ¶ When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity flourish;
it is that they shall be destroyed for ever;
- But thou, LORD, art most high for evermore.
- For, lo, thine enemies, O LORD, for lo, thine enemies shall perish;
all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.
- But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of a wild ox;
I shall be anointed with fragrant oil.
- Mine eyes also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire against the wicked that rise up against me.
- The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree;
he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
- Those that are planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.
- They shall still bring forth fruit in old age;
they shall be fair and desirable,
- To show that the LORD is upright;
he is mighty, and there is no unrighteousness in him.