- ¶ O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongs, O God, to whom vengeance belongs, show thyself.
- Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth;
render a reward to the proud.
- LORD, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked boast?
- They shall utter and speak unjust things;
they shall speak all kinds of evil things.
- For they have humbled thy people, O LORD, and subdued thine heritage.
- They slay the widow and the innocent, and murder the fatherless.
- Yet they say, The LORD does not see, neither does the God of Jacob regard it.
- Understand, you stupid among the people and you fools, when will you be wise?
- He who planted the ear, shall he not hear?
He who formed the eye, shall he not see?
- He who chastises the nations, shall not he rebuke?
He who teaches man knowledge, shall he not know?
- The LORD knows the thoughts of man;
they are like a breath.
- ¶ Blessed is the man whom thou dost chasten, O LORD, and teachest out of thy law;
- That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.
- For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.
- For judgment shall return to the righteous, and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
- Who will rise up for me against the evildoers?
or who will stand up against the workers of iniquity?
- Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul would soon have been in trouble.
- When I said, My foot slips, thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.
- In the multitude of my sorrows, within my heart thy comforts delight my soul.
- Evil rulers shall not have fellowship with thee, for they have framed mischief against thy law.
- They lay snares to trap the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood.
- But the LORD is my defense;
and my God is the rock of my refuge.
- And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall silence them in their own wickedness;
yea, the LORD our God shall silence them.