- ¶ AND I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud;
and the rainbow of the cloud was upon his head, and his face was as though it were the sun, and his legs as pillars of fire;
- And he had in his hand a little book open;
and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the land,
- And cried with a loud voice as when a lion roars, and when he had cried, seven thunders sounded their voices.
- And when the seven thunders had spoken, I was about to write;
but I heard a voice from heaven saying, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and do not write them.
- And the angel which I saw standing upon the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven, and
- Swore by him who lives for ever and ever, who created heaven and the things which are therein, and the earth and the things which are therein, and the sea and the things which are therein, that there should be no more reckoning of time;
- But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God will be fulfilled, as he has proclaimed to his servants, the prophets.
- ¶ And the same voice which I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which stands on the sea and on the land.
- And I went to the angel, and as I was about to say to him, Give me the little book, he said to me, Take it and eat it;
and it shall make your belly bitter, but it shall be sweet as honey in your mouth.
- So I took the little book out of the hand of the angel, and ate it;
and it was sweet as honey in my mouth;
but as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
- Then he said to me, You must prophesy again about many peoples and nations and the heads of nations and kings.