- ¶ TO the angel of the church of Ephesus write: These things says the Omnipotent One who holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks.
- I know your works and your labour and your patience and how you cannot endure those who are ungodly;
you have tried those who say they are apostles and are not, and you have found them liars;
- And you have patience, and have borne burdens for my name’s sake, and have not wearied.
- Nevertheless I have something against you, because you have left your first love.
- Remember therefore from whence you have fallen and repent and do the first works;
or else I will come to you very soon, and I will remove your candlestick from its place unless you repent.
- But this you have in your favour, you hate the works of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
- He who has ears, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches: To him who overcomes, I will give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of my God.
- ¶ And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These things says the first and the last, which was dead and is alive:
- I know your works and your suffering and poverty, but you are rich, and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are of the synagogue of Satan.
- Fear none of those things which you shall suffer;
behold, the devil will cast some of you into prison, that you be tried;
and you will be oppressed for ten days.
Be faithful even to death, and I will give you a crown of life.
- He who has ears, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches: He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.
- ¶ And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write: These things says he who has the sharp two-edged sword:
- I know your works and where you dwell, even where Satan’s seat is;
and you uphold my name, and you did not deny my faith, even in those days when that witness of mine appeared, that faithful one of mine who was slain among you, where Satan dwells.
- But I have a few things against you because you have there those who hold the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to cast a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit adultery.
- And also you have those among you who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitanes.
or else I will come to you very soon and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
- He who has ears, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches: To him who overcomes, I will give to eat of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written, which no man knows except he who receives it.
- ¶ And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like fine brass from Lebanon;
- I know your works and love and faith and service, and also your patience;
and your last works are to be more abundant than the first.
- Notwithstanding I have a few things against you because you allowed that woman of yours Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication and to cat things sacrificed to idols.
- And I gave her time to repent, but she did not repent from her fornication.
- Behold I will cast her into a sick bed and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds.
- And I will smite her children with death;
and all the churches shall know that I am he who searches the minds and hearts;
and I will give to everyone of you according to your works.
- But I say to you, the rest of you in Thyatira, those who do not have this doctrine, and those who have not known, as they say, the depths of Satan, that I will not put upon you another burden.
- But hold fast to that which you already have till I come.
- And he who overcomes and keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations;
- And he shall shepherd them with a rod of iron;
like the vessels of the potter, they shall be shattered, even as I was disciplined by my Father.
- And I will give him the morning star.
- He who has ears, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.