- ¶ AND I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
- And he seized the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Tempter and Satan, who deceived the whole world, and bound him a thousand years,
- And cast him into the bottomless pit and shut him up and set a seal over him, that he should no more deceive the nations until the thousand years should be past: after that he will be loosed for a short time.
- And I saw thrones and those who sat upon them, and judgment was given to them;
and the souls of those who were beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the word of God and who had not worshipped the wild beast, neither his image, nor had received his mark upon their foreheads or on their hand, lived and reigned with their Christ these thousand years.
- This is the first resurrection.
- Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection;
over such the second death has no power, but they shall be the priests of God and of his Christ, and they shall reign with him a thousand years.
- And when the thousand years come to an end.
Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
- And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, even to China and Mongolia, to gather them together for war;
the number of them is as the sand of the sea.
- And they went up on a broad plain, and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city;
and fire came down from God out of heaven and consumed them.
- And the devil who deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where also are the beast and the false prophet;
and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
- ¶ And I saw a great white throne and him who sat on it, from whose presence the earth and the heavens fled away;
and there was no place found for them.
- Then I saw the dead, small and great, stand before the throne;
and the books were opened;
and another book was opened, which is the book of life;
and the dead were judged by those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
- And the sea gave up the dead which were in it;
and death and Sheol gave up the dead which were in them;
and they were judged every man according to his works.
- And death and Sheol were cast into the lake of fire.
This is the second death, which is the lake of fire.
- And whoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.