- ¶ AND he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, gushing out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
- In the midst of the great street of the city, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve kinds of fruits, and each month it yielded one of its fruits;
and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the peoples.
- And that which withers shall be no more, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it;
and his servants shall serve him;
- And they shall see his face, and his name shall be on their foreheads.
- And there shall be no night there;
and they shall neither need a candle nor the light of the sun;
for the Lord God shines on them, and they shall reign for ever and ever.
- ¶ And he said to me, These sayings are faithful and true;
and the Lord God who is the spirit of the prophets sent his angel to show to his servants the things which shortly must come to pass.
- Behold, I am coming soon;
blessed is he who keeps the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
- And I, John, heard and saw these things, and when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed these things to me.
- And he said to me, Do not do that;
I am your fellow servant and of your brethren the prophets and of those who keep the words of this book.
- Then he said to me, Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.
- He who is unjust will continue to be unjust, and he who is filthy will continue to be filthy, and he who is righteous will continue to do righteousness, and he who is holy will continue to be holy.
- Behold, I am coming soon and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
- I am Aleph and Tau, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
- Blessed are those who do his commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
- For without are the vicious and magicians and the immoral and murderers and idolaters and whoever loves to tell lies.
- I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you these things in the churches.
I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star.
- And the Spirit and the bride say, Come.
And let him who hears say, Come.
And he who is thirsty, let him come.
And whosoever will, let him take of the living water freely.
- I testify to every man who hears the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add to these things, God shall add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
- And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his portion from the tree of life and from the holy city and from the things which are written in this book.
- ¶ He who testifies these things says, Surely I am coming soon.
Come, Lord Jesus.
- The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all, all you holy ones.