- ¶ AFTER these things I looked and behold, a door was open in heaven;
and the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet talking with me, which said, Come up here and I will show you things which must come to pass.
- And immediately I was in the spirit;
and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
- And he who sat resembled a stone of jasper and sardonyx, and round about the throne was a rainbow resembling emeralds.
- Round about the throne were four and twenty seats;
and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white robes;
and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
- And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and noises;
and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
- And before the throne was a sea of glass resembling crystal;
and in the midst of the throne, and round about it and in front of it were four animals, full of eyes before and behind.
- And the first animal was like a lion and the second animal was like a calf and the third animal had a face of a man and the fourth animal was like a flying eagle.
- ¶ And the four animals had each of them six wings;
and they were full of eyes within;
and they had no rest day and night saying, Holy, holy, holy, the Lord God Almighty who was and is and is to come.
- And when those animals give glory and honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne, who lives for ever and ever,
- The four and twenty elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
- Thou art worthy, O our Holy Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for thou hast created all things, and by thee they are, and by thy will they are and were created.