- ¶ AND I saw on the right hand of him who sat on the throne a book, written within and on the back and sealed with seven seals.
- Then I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book and to loose the seals thereof?
- And no man in heaven above nor on earth neither under the earth was able to open the book, neither to look on it.
- And I wept exceedingly because no man was found worthy to open the book, neither to look on it.
- And one of the elders said to me, Weep not;
behold the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Scion of David, has prevailed and he will open the book and the seven seals thereof.
- ¶ And I beheld, and 1o, in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
- And he came and took the book from the right hand of him who sat upon the throne.
- And as he took the book, the four animals and the four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, and everyone of them had a harp and a cup of gold full of incense, and these were the prayers of the saints.
- And they sang new praise saying.
Thou art worthy to take the book and to open the seals thereof;
for thou wast slain and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation;
- And hast made them for our God kings and priests;
and they shall reign on the earth.
- And I looked, and I heard as it were the voice of many angels round about the throne and the animals and the elders;
and their number was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands,
- Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.
- And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and all that are in the sea and all that are in them, I heard saying, To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and dominion for ever and ever.
- And the four animals said, Amen.
And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him who lives for ever and ever.