- ¶ AND after these things, I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth nor on the sea nor on any tree.
- And I saw another angel, and he ascended from the direction of the rising sun, having the seal of the living God;
and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, saying,
- Do not hurt the earth, neither the sea nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God upon their brows.
- And I heard the number of those who were sealed;
and it was a hundred and forty and four thousand, of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
- Of the tribe of Judah were sealed twelve thousand;
of the tribe of Reuben, twelve thousand;
of the tribe of Gad, twelve thousand;
- Of the tribe of Asher, twelve thousand;
of the tribe of Naphtali, twelve thousand;
of the tribe of Manasseh, twelve thousand;
- Of the tribe of Simeon, twelve thousand;
of the tribe of Levi, twelve thousand;
of the tribe of Issachar, twelve thousand;
- Of the tribe of Zebulun, twelve thousand;
of the tribe of Joseph, twelve thousand;
of the tribe of Benjamin, twelve thousand.
- After these things, I beheld, and lo, a great multitude which no man could number, of every nation and people and kindred and tongue stood before the throne and in the presence of the Lamb, clothed with white robes and with palms in their hands,
- And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God, who sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb.
- And all the angels stood round about the throne and about the elders and the four animals, and fell before his throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
- Saying, Amen!
Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might to our God for ever and ever.
- ¶ And one of the elders answered, saying to me, Who are these who are arrayed in white robes?
And from whence did they come?
- And I said to him, My lord, you know.
And he said to me, These are those who came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
- Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne shall shelter them.
- They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore;
neither shall they be stricken by the sun nor by the heat.
- For the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne shall shepherd them and shall lead them to fountains of living water.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.