- ¶ AND when he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about the space of half an hour.
- Then I saw the seven angels who stood before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.
- And another angel came and stood at the altar, and he had a golden censer;
and abundant incense was given to him, that he might offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
- And the smoke of the incense which came with the prayers of the saints ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand.
- And the angel took the censer and filled it with fire of the altar and cast it upon the earth;
and there were voices and thunderings and lightnings and an earthquake.
- And the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
- ¶ The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with water, and they were poured upon the earth;
and a third part of the earth was burnt up and a third part of the trees was burnt up and all green grass was burnt up.
- Then the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain aflame with fire was cast into the sea;
and the third part of the sea became blood;
- And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died;
and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
- And the third angel sounded, and there fell a star from heaven, burning as though it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers and upon the fountains of waters;
- And the name of the star is called Wormwood;
and the third part of the waters became wormwood;
and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
- And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was eclipsed and the third part of the moon and the third part of the stars, so that the third part of them was darkened, and the day was darkened for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
- And I beheld, and heard an eagle, having a tail red as it were blood, flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe to those who dwell on the earth, by reason of the other sounds of the trumpets of the three angels which are yet to sound!