- ¶ WE then who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of the weak, and not seek to please ourselves.
- Let every one of us please his neighbor in good and constructive ways.
- For even Christ pleased not himself;
but as it is written, The reproaches of those who reproached you have fallen on me.
- For whatever was written of old was written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
- ¶ Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to regard one another to be equally worthy through the example of Jesus Christ,
- That you may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- ¶ Therefore be friendly and bear one another’s burdens, just as Christ also brought you close to the glory of God.
- Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision, for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers,
- And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercies which were poured upon them;
as it is written, Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles and sing to your name.
- And again he says, Rejoice, Gentiles, with his people.
- And again, he says, Praise the Lord, all Gentiles;
and praise him, all nations.
- And again Isaiah said, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise will be a prince to the Gentiles;
and in him shall the Gentiles trust.
- ¶ Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace so that by faith you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- ¶ And I myself am persuaded concerning you, my brethren, that you also are filled with the same goodness, and made perfect with all knowledge, able also to admonish others.
- Nevertheless, my brethren, I have written rather boldly to you, in order to remind you of the grace which is given to me by God,
- That I may become a minister of Jesus Christ among the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable and sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
- ¶ I am proud therefore to glory in Jesus Christ before God.
- For I can scarcely speak of anything which Christ has not wrought by me for the obedience of the Gentiles, by word and deed,
- Through mighty miracles and wonders, and by the power of the Spirit of God;
so that from Jerusalem I went round about as far as Illyricum, and I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
- And I have so striven to preach the gospel, not at any place where Christ’s name had already been preached, because I did not want to build on another’s foundation;
- But as it is written, Those to whom he was never mentioned shall see him;
and those who have not heard of him shall be made obedient.
- ¶ This is the reason why I have been many times prevented from coming to you.
- But now since I have no place in these countries and I have been desirous for many years past to come to you,
- When I leave for Spain, I hope to come to see you;
and I hope that you will escort me thence after I have more or less fully enjoyed my visit.
- But now I am going to Jerusalem to minister to the saints.
- For the brethren in Macedonia and Achaia have been pleased to take part in helping the poor saints who are at Jerusalem.
- They have been eager to do it, because they are indebted to them, for if the Gentiles have been made partakers with them of their spiritual things, they are indebted to minister to them in material things.
- When, therefore, I have accomplished this and have finished distributing to them this kind of help, I will cross over toward you on my way to Spain.
- I know that when I come to you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
- ¶ Now, I beseech you, my brethren, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, that you should strive together with me in your prayer to God for me,
- That I may be delivered from those who are disobedient in Judea, and that the assistance which I carry to the saints in Jerusalem may be well accepted.
- So that I may come to you with joy by the will of God and may with you be refreshed.
- Now may the God of peace be with you all.