- ¶ THERE is therefore no condemnation to them who walk in the flesh after the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
- For the law of the Spirit of life which is in Jesus Christ has made you free from the law of sin and death.
- For the law was weak through the weakness of the flesh, so God sent his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin, in order to condemn sin by means of his flesh,
- That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us;
for we do not walk after the things of the flesh, but after the Spirit.
- For they who are after the flesh mind the things of the flesh;
but they who are after the Spirit mind the things of the Spirit.
- To be carnally minded is death;
but to be spiritually minded is life and peace,
- Because the carnal mind is enmity against God;
for it is not subject to the law of God, because it cannot be.
- So then, they who are in the flesh cannot please God.
- But you are not in the flesh but in the spirit, if the Spirit of God truly dwells within you.
Now if any man does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to him.
- ¶ And if Christ is within you, the body is dead because of sin;
but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
- And if the Spirit of him who raised our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead dwells within you, so he who raised Jesus Christ from the dead will also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells within you.
- Therefore, my brethren, we are not indebted to the flesh to live after the flesh.
- For if you live after the flesh, you will die;
but if you, through the Spirit, subdue the deeds of the body, you shall live.
- Those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.
- For you have not received the spirit of bondage, to be in fear again;
but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Abon, Father, our Father.
- And this Spirit bears witness to our spirit, that we are the children of God;
- ¶ And if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Jesus Christ;
so that if we suffer with him, we shall also be glorified with him.
- For I think that the sufferings of the present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
- For the earnest expectation of all mankind waits for the manifestation of the sons of God.
- For man was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who gave him free will in the hope he would choose rightly,
- Because man himself shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
- For we know that the whole creation groans and labors in pain to this day.
- And not only they, but ourselves also, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, that is, the salvation of our bodies.
- For we live in hope;
but hope that is seen is not hope: for if we see it, why should we yet hope?
- But if we hope for that which we do not see, then do we wait for it in patience.
- ¶ Likewise the Spirit also helps our weaknesses;
for we do not know what is right and proper for us to pray for;
but the Spirit prays for us with that earnestness which cannot be described.
- And he who searches the hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, for the Spirit prays for the saints according to the will of God.
- And we know that those who love God are helped by him in everything for good.
- ¶ He knew them in advance and he marked them with the likeness of the image of his Son that he might be the first-born among many brethren.
- Moreover, those whom he marked in advance, he has called, and those whom he has called, he has declared righteous, and those whom he has declared righteous, he has glorified.
- ¶ What then shall we say concerning these things?
If God be for us, who can be against us?
- If he did not spare his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, why will he not freely give us all things with him?
- Who is to complain against the chosen ones of God?
It is God who justifies.
- Who is he who condemns?
It is Christ who died and rose again, and he is at the right hand of God making intercession for us.
- What shall separate me from the love of Christ?
Tribulation or imprisonment or persecution or famine or nakedness or peril or sword?
- As it is written, For your sake we die every day, and we are accounted as lambs for the slaughter.
- But in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
- For I am persuaded that neither death nor life nor angels nor empires nor armies nor things present nor things to come
- Nor height nor depth nor anything else created shall be able to separate me from the love of God which is in Jesus Christ our Lord.