- ¶ HOW beautiful are your feet in sandals, O prince’s daughter!
The form of your thighs is like cut precious stones, the work of the hands of a skilled workman.
- Your navel is like a round goblet in which mingled wine is never lacking;
your belly is like a heap of wheat set about with lilies.
- Your two breasts are like two young roes, twins of gazelles, that feed among lilies.
- Your neck is like a tower of ivory;
your eyes are like the pools in Heshbon by the gate of a princess;
your nose is like the tower of Lebanon which looks toward Damascus.
- Your head upon you is like Carmel, and the braiding of your hair is like royal purple bound with rows of stitching.
- How beautiful you are, and how desirable, O beloved one, delightful daughter!
- Your stature is like a palm tree, and your breasts are clusters of grapes.
- I said, I will climb the palm tree, I will take hold of its boughs;
and your breasts shall be like clusters of the vine, and the fragrance of your face like apples;
- And your palate is like the best wine for my beloved, that goes down in the mouth of my beloved and makes me move my lips and my teeth.
- ¶ I am my beloved’s, and his desire is toward me.
- Come, my beloved, let us go forth into the field;
let us lodge in the village.
- Let us get up early to the vineyard;
let us see if the vine has budded, whether the tender shoots appear, and the pomegranates are in bloom;
there will I give you my breasts.
- The mandrakes give forth fragrance, and at our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits, new and old, which I have kept for you, O my beloved.