- ¶ THE vision of the words of the LORD concerning Israel.
Thus says the LORD, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth and created the spirit of man within him:
- Behold, I will make Jerusalem a fearful place to all the people round about her, also there shall be a siege both against Judah together with Jerusalem.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, I will make Jerusalem a stone for all the people to trample on;
all who trample on it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
- On that day, says the LORD, I will smite all horses with stupor, and their riders with confusion;
and I will open my eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the Gentiles with blindness.
- And the princes of Judah shall say in their hearts, The inhabitants of Jerusalem are stronger than we through the LORD of hosts their God.
- On that day I will make the princes of Judah like a fiery coal in the midst of wood, and like a torch of fire in stubble;
and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left;
and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in its own place, even in Jerusalem.
- The LORD also shall visit the tents of Judah, as at first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem may not magnify itself over the house of Judah.
- On that day the LORD shall defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem;
so that he who is weak among them on that day shall be like David;
and the house of David shall be like God, like the angel of the LORD who is before them.
- ¶ And it shall come to pass in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
- And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem the spirit of grace and of mercies;
and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him as they mourn for an only son, and shall grieve for him as they grieve over the first-born.
- On that day there shall be a great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning of Bar-amon in the plain of Megiddo.
- And the land shall mourn, every family together;
the family of the house of David together, and their wives together;
the family of the house of Nathan together, and their wives together;
- The family of the house of Levi together, and their wives together;
and the family of the house of Simeon together, and their wives together;
- All the families that are left shall mourn, each family together, and their wives together.