- ¶ ON that day there shall be a fountain opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sprinkling and for cleansing.
- And it shall come to pass on that day, says the LORD of hosts, I will do away with the names of the idols from the land, and they shall no more be remembered;
and also I will remove from the land the false prophets and the unclean spirits.
- And it shall come to pass that if any man shall yet prophesy, his father and his mother shall say to him, You shall not live;
for you speak lies in the name of the LORD;
and his father and his mother who bore him shall cut him asunder when he prophesies.
- And it shall come to pass in that day that the false prophets shall be ashamed every man of the vision of his prophecy;
neither shall they wear a hairy skin, because they have lied.
- But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am a farmer;
and a man made me zealous to prophesy from my youth.
- And they shall say to him, What are these wounds in your hands?
And he shall say, These are wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.
- ¶ Awake, O sword, against my shepherd and against the man who is my friend, says the LORD of hosts;
smite the shepherd, and his sheep shall be scattered;
and I will turn my hand against the great ones.
- And it shall come to pass that in all the land, says the LORD, two parts therein shall perish and be destroyed;
but the third shall be left therein.
- And I will cause the third part to pass through the fire, and will refine them as they refine silver, and will try them as they try gold;
they shall call on my name, and I will answer them;
I will say, They are my people;
and they shall say, The LORD is my God.