- ¶ I LIFTED up my eyes again and looked, and behold, a man with a measuring line in his hand.
- And I said to him, Where are you going?
And he said to me, To measure Jerusalem, to see what is its breadth and what is its length.
- And behold, the angel who was talking with me went forth, and another angel came to meet him.
- And he said to him, Run, speak to that young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle in it.
- For I will be in the midst of her, says the LORD, as a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.
- ¶ Ah!
Flee from the land of the north, says the LORD;
for I have scattered you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, says the LORD.
- Deliver yourself, O Zion;
deliver yourself, you who dwell with the daughter of Babylon.
- For thus says the LORD of hosts: After the glory he has sent me against the nations who plundered you;
for he who touches you touches the apple of his eye.
- For, behold, I will stretch out my hand against them, and their works shall become plunder;
and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me.
- ¶ Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion;
for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of you, says the LORD.
- And many nations shall follow the LORD in that day, and shall be his people;
and he shall dwell in the midst of you, and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you.
- And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in his holy land, and shall be pleased with Jerusalem again.
- And all flesh shall be afraid of the LORD;
for he is watchful from his high and holy habitation.