- ¶ THEN he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to harm him.
- And the angel of the LORD said to Satan, The LORD rebuke you, O Satan;
even the LORD who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you.
Is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
- Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel of the LORD.
- And the angel answered and spoke to those who stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him.
And to him he said, Behold, I have caused your iniquity to pass from you, and I will clothe you with good raiment.
- And he said, Let them put a clean mitre on his head and clothe him with good garments.
And the angel of the LORD stood by.
- And the angel of the LORD charged Joshua, saying,
- Thus says the LORD of hosts: If you will walk in my ways and keep my commandments, then you shall also judge my house and keep my courts, and I will grant you to walk among these that stand by.
- ¶ Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, you and your fellows who stand before you;
for you are marvelous men: Behold, I will bring forth the rising of the sun upon my servant.
- For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua;
upon one stone shall be seven facets;
behold, I will open its gates, says the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in that day.
- In that day, says the LORD of hosts, every man shall invite his neighbor under the vine and under the fig tree.