- ¶ AND the angel who talked with me came back and waked me, as a man is wakened out of his sleep,
- And he said to me, What do you see?
And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl on the top of it, and seven lamps on it, and seven mouths to the seven lamps which are on the top of it;
- And two olive trees by it, one on the right side of the bowl and the other on its left side.
- So I answered and spoke to the angel who talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?
- Then the angel who talked with me answered and said to me, Do you not know what these are?
and I said, No, my lord, I do not know.
- Then he said to me, This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by power nor by might, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts.
- Who are you, O great mountain?
Before Zerubbabel you shall become like a plain;
and he shall bring forth the headstone of equity and of mercy.
- Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
- The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundations of this house;
his hands shall also finish it;
and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you.
- For who has despised the day of small things?
For they shall look and shall see the plummet in the hands of Zerubbabel.
These are the seven eyes of the LORD, which look over the whole earth.
- ¶ Then I answered and said to him, What are these two olive trees on the right side of the candlestick and on its left side?
- And I answered the second time and said to him, What are these two olive branches which are beside the two golden pipes which pour the golden oil out of themselves?
- And he said to me, Do you not know what these are?
And I said, No, my lord.
- Then said he, These are the two anointed ones who stand by the LORD of the whole earth.