- ¶ THEN I turned and lifted up my eyes and looked, and beheld a flying scroll.
- And he said to me, What do you see?
And I said, I see a flying scroll;
its length is twenty cubits and its width ten cubits.
- Then he said to me, This is the curse that goes forth over the face of the whole earth;
for every one who steals shall be judged according to its contents;
and every one who swears shall be judged according to it.
- I will bring it forth, says the LORD of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief and into the house of him who swears falsely by my name;
and it shall remain in the midst of his house and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.
- ¶ Then the angel who talked with me went forth and said to me, Lift up your eyes and see what is this that goes forth.
- And I said, What is it?
And he said to me, This is an ephah that goes forth, and in it are the transgressions of the whole earth.
- And behold, a talent of lead was lifted up, and a woman was sitting in the midst of the ephah.
- And he said to me, This is wickedness.
And he cast her into the midst of the ephah;
and he cast the talent of lead upon its mouth.
- Then I lifted up my eyes and looked, and behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings;
for they had wings like the wings of a stork;
and they lifted up the ephah between earth and heaven.
- Then I said to the angel who talked with me, Where are they carrying the ephah?
- And he said to me, To build for it a house in the land of Babylon;
and it shall be established and set there upon its own base.