- ¶ AND I turned and lifted up my eyes and looked, and behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains;
and the mountains were mountains of brass.
- In the first chariot were red horses;
in the second chariot black horses;
- In the third chariot white horses;
and in the fourth chariot grizzled horses.
- Then I answered and said to the angel who talked with me, What are these, my lord?
- And the angel answered and said to me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, who stand in the presence of the LORD of all the earth.
- The chariot in which are black horses goes forth to the north country;
and the white go forth after them;
and the grizzled go forth to the south country,
- And the red horses went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth;
and he said to them, Go, walk to and fro through the earth.
So they walked to and fro through the earth.
- Then he cried and said to me, Behold, those who go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country.
- ¶ And the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
- Take of them of the captivity, even of Holdai and of Tobijah and of Jedaiah, and come the same day, and go into the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah who has come from Babylon;
- Then take his silver and his gold, and make a crown and set it upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest;
- And say to him, Thus says the LORD of hosts: Behold, the man whose name is Denkha shall rise up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD.
- Even he shall build the temple of the LORD;
and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne;
and he shall be a priest upon his throne;
and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.
- And the crown shall be to Holdai and to Tobiah and to Jedaiah and to Josiah the son of Zephaniah, for a memorial in the temple of the LORD.
- And those who are far off shall come and build in the temple of the LORD, and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you.
And this shall come to pass if you will diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God.