- ¶ AGAIN the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
- Thus says the LORD of hosts: I am moved for Zion with great zeal.
I am moved for her with great indignation.
- Thus says the LORD: I will be comforted in Zion and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem;
and Jerusalem shall be called the city of truth;
and the mountain of the LORD of hosts, the holy mountain.
- Thus says the LORD of hosts: From henceforth old men and old women shall sit in the streets of Jerusalem, every man with his staff in his hand because of his age.
- And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing.
- Thus says the LORD of hosts: If this thing is marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in my sight?
says the LORD of hosts.
- Thus says the LORD of hosts: Behold, I will save my people from the east country and from the west country;
- And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in Jerusalem;
and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.
- ¶ Thus says the LORD of hosts: Let your hands be strong, all of you who hear in these days these words from the mouth of the prophets that were since the day that the foundation of the house of the LORD of hosts was laid, that the temple might be built.
- For before those days and before that time there was no wage for man, nor any hire for beast;
neither was there any peace to him who went out or came in because of the oppressor;
for behold, I incited all men every one against his neighbor.
- But now I will not be to the remnant of this people as in former days, says the LORD of hosts.
- For the seed shall be prosperous;
the vine shall give its fruit and the ground shall yield its increase and the heavens shall give their dew;
and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things.
- And it shall come to pass that as you were a curse among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, so will I save you, and you shall be a blessing;
so let your hands be strong, fear not.
- For thus says the LORD of hosts: As I purposed to harm you, when your fathers provoked me to wrath, says the LORD of hosts, and I did not relent;
- So again have I turned and thought in these days to do well to Jerusalem and to the house of Judah;
- These are the things that you shall do: Speak the truth every one to his neighbor;
execute the truth, justice, and peace in your gates;
- And let none of you devise evil in your heart against his neighbor;
and love no false oaths;
for all these are things that I hate, says the LORD of hosts.
- ¶ And the word of the LORD of hosts came to me, saying,
- Thus says the LORD of hosts: The fast of the fourth month and the fast of the fifth and the fast of the seventh and the fast of the tenth shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness and cheerful feasts;
therefore love the truth and peace.
- Thus says the LORD of hosts: Henceforth there shall yet come people and the inhabitants of many cities;
- And the inhabitants of one city shall come to another, saying, Let us go and pray before the LORD and to seek the LORD of hosts;
I will go also.
- Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem and to pray before the LORD.
- Thus says the LORD of hosts: In those days ten men from the nations of every language shall take hold of the skirt of a Jew, saying, We will go with you;
for we have heard that God is with you.