- ¶ THE word of the LORD against the land of Hadrach and against Damascus, which shall be a gift to him;
for to the LORD are revealed the ways of men and of all the tribes of Israel;
- Against Hamath also which borders Damascus, and Tyre and Sidon, though they have become very wise.
- Tyre has built herself a stronghold and heaped up silver like dust, and gold like the mire of the streets.
- Therefore, the LORD will destroy her and cast her wealth into the sea;
and she shall be devoured by fire.
- Ashkelon shall see it and be afraid;
Gaza also shall be very sorrowful, and Ekron;
because her hope is confounded;
and the king shall perish from Gaza, and Ashkelon shall not be inhabited.
- And strangers shall dwell in Ashdod, and I will bring to an end the pride of the Philistines.
- And I will take away their blood out of their mouths, and their abominations from between their teeth;
and they also shall be a remnant for our God, and they shall be like the princes of Judah, and Ekron shall be as a Jebusite.
- And I will cause to dwell over my house a governor because of him who passes by, and because of him who returns;
and no oppressor shall come against them any more;
for now I have seen with my own eyes.
- ¶ Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion!
Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem!
Behold, your King comes to you;
he is righteous and a Saviour, lowly and riding upon an ass, upon a colt the foal of an ass.
- And he will cut off the chariot from Ephraim and the horse from Jerusalem, and the bow shall be broken in the battle;
and he shall speak peace to the nations;
and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from the river even to the ends of the earth.
- As for you also, by the blood of your covenant you have set free the captives out of the pit wherein is no water.
- ¶ Dwell in the stronghold, O you prisoners of the congregation;
I will recompense you double for a day’s work.
- For I have bent my bow over Judah and filled my bow over Ephraim, and I have set your sons, O Zion, against your sons, O Greece, and made Jerusalem like the sword of a mighty man.
- And the LORD shall be seen over the enemy, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning;
and the LORD God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go in the whirlwind to the south.
- The LORD of hosts shall defend them;
and they shall devour, and subdue with sling stones;
and they shall drink trouble like wine;
and they shall be filled like a bowl, and as the corners of the altar.
- And the LORD their God shall save them in that day as the flock of his people;
for they were holy stones cast upon his land.
- How good and how excellent is wheat for the young men, and wine makes the maids cheerful.