- These [are] sons of Israel: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun,
- Dan, Joseph, and Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
- Sons of Judah: Er, and Onan, and Shelah, three have been born to him of a daughter of Shua the Canaanitess.
And Er, first-born of Judah, is evil in the eyes of Jehovah, and He putteth him to death.
- And Tamar his daughter-in-law hath borne to him Pharez and Zerah.
All the sons of Judah [are] five.
- Sons of Pharez: Hezron, and Hamul.
- And sons of Zerah: Zimri, and Ethan, and Heman, and Calcol, and Dara;
all of them five.
- And sons of Carmi: Achar, troubler of Israel, who trespassed in the devoted thing.
- And sons of Ethan: Azariah.
- And sons of Hezron who were born to him;
Jerahmeel, and Ram, and Chelubai.
- And Ram begat Amminadab, and Amminadab begat Nahshon, prince of the sons of Judah;
- and Nahshon begat Salma, and Salma begat Boaz,
- and Boaz begat Obed, and Obed begat Jesse;
- and Jesse begat his first-born Eliab, and Abinadab the second, and Shimea the third,
- Nethaneel the fourth, Raddai the fifth,
- Ozem the sixth, David the seventh,
- and their sisters Zeruiah and Abigail.
And sons of Zeruiah: Abishai, and Joab, and Asah-El — three.
- And Abigail hath borne Amasa, and the father of Amasa [is] Jether the Ishmeelite.
- And Caleb son of Hezron hath begotten Azubah, Isshah, and Jerioth;
and these [are] her sons: Jesher, and Shobab, and Ardon.
- And Azubah dieth, and Caleb taketh to him Ephrath, and she beareth to him Hur.
- And Hur begat Uri, and Uri begat Bezaleel.
- And afterwards hath Hezron gone in unto a daughter of Machir father of Gilead, and he hath taken her, and he [is] a son of sixty years, and she beareth to him Segub.
- And Segub begat Jair, and he hath twenty and three cities in the land of Gilead,
- and he taketh Geshur and Aram, the small villages of Jair, from them, with Kenath and its small towns, sixty cities — all these [belonged to] the sons of Machir father of Gilead.
- And after the death of Hezron in Caleb-Ephratah, then the wife of Hezron, Abijah, even beareth to him Asshur, father of Tekoa.
- And sons of Jerahmeel, first-born of Hezron, are: the first-born Ram, and Bunah, and Oren, and Ozem, Ahijah.
- And Jerahmeel hath another wife, and her name [is] Atarah, she [is] mother of Onam.
- And sons of Ram, first-born of Jerahmeel, are Maaz, and Jamin, and Eker.
- And sons of Onam are Shammai and Jada.
And sons of Shammai: Nadab and Abishur.
- And the name of the wife of Abishur [is] Abihail, and she beareth to him Ahban and Molid.
- And sons of Nadab: Seled, and Appaim;
and Seled dieth without sons.
- And sons of Appaim: Ishi.
And sons of Ishi: Sheshan.
And sons of Sheshan: Ahlai.
- And sons of Jada, brother of Shammai: Jether, and Jonathan: and Jether dieth without sons.
- And sons of Jonathan: Peleth, and Zaza.
These were sons of Jerahmeel.
- And Sheshan had no sons, but daughters, and Sheshan hath a servant, an Egyptian, and his name [is] Jarha,
- and Sheshan giveth his daughter to Jarha his servant for a wife, and she beareth to him Attai;
- and Attai begat Nathan, and Nathan begat Zabad,
- and Zabad begat Ephlal, and Ephlal begat Obed,
- and Obed begat Jehu,
- and Jehu begat Azariah, and Azariah begat Helez, and Helez begat Eleasah,
- and Eleasah begat Sismai, and Sismai begat Shallum,
- and Shallum begat Jekamiah, and Jekamiah begat Elishama.
- And sons of Caleb brother of Jerahmeel: Mesha his first-born, he [is] father of Ziph;
and sons of Mareshah: Abi-Hebron.
- And sons of Hebron: Korah, and Tappuah, and Rekem, and Shema.
- And Shema begat Raham father of Jorkoam, and Rekem begat Shammai.
- And a son of Shammai [is] Maon, and Maon [is] father of Beth-Zur.
- And Ephah concubine of Caleb bare Haran, and Moza, and Gazez;
and Haran begat Gazez.
- And sons of Jahdai: Regem, and Jotham, and Geshem, and Pelet, and Ephah, and Shaaph.
- The concubine of Caleb, Maachah, bare Sheber and Tirhanah;
- and she beareth Shaaph father of Madmannah, Sheva father of Machbenah, and father of Gibea;
and a daughter of Caleb [is] Achsa.
- These were sons of Caleb son of Hur, first-born of Ephrathah: Shobal father of Kirjath-Jearim,
- Salma father of Beth-Lehem, Hareph father of Beth-Gader.
- And there are sons to Shobal father of Kirjath-Jearim: Haroeh, half of the Menuhothite;
- and the families of Kirjath-Jearim: the Ithrite, and the Puhite, and the Shumathite, and the Mishraite: from these went out the Zareathite, and the Eshtaulite.
- Sons of Salma: Beth-Lehem, and the Netophathite, Atroth, Beth-Joab, and half of the Menuhothite, the Zorite;
- and the families of the scribes the inhabitants of Jabez: Tirathites, Shimeathites, Suchathites.
They [are] the Kenites, those coming of Hammath father of the house of Rechab.